[personal profile] socrowdedinhere

*Maru floats in a void. He knows he's dying, he can feel his Super AI failing, his systems shutting down. He'll find himself suddenly aware of arms around him. A body behind him hugs him close. He knows that embrace isn't physical. And when he looks...he'll see his brother's face tucked by his shoulder; it's Kage's spirit hugging Maru's, holding onto him.*

Maru: *can't help it . . . he's afraid, even as he realizes he might be reunited with Kage soon – the arms are /alarming/ to say the least, but as he tries to twist around and he spots his brother, he /sags/ with a soft half-sob* Kagerou…

Kage: *his own voice is soft* Just hang on, brother. Don't give up yet.

Maru: …..I'm tired, Kagerou. *it's true, but what he really wants to say is "I'm scared, Kagerou"*

Kage: *can read his brother too well.* I know, but you're strong, and I'm with you. Just hang on.

Maru: ……for what?  What's going on? *shifts to cling back to his brother*

Kage: That, brother, depends on you. You can live, I can help you hang on if you try, or...you'll die. You're on the edge, Shadowmaru. What happens next depends on you. There is no right or wrong answer, just a choice. *lets Maru turn and will HUG him*

Maru: *turns fully, CLINGING, face buried in Kage's shoulder*  No . . . I can't . . . I don't want to leave you again.

Kage: I'm always with you. I always have been. You'd not be leaving me.

Maru: ………? *shifts to look up at him – doesn't say it but the look is clear, "what do you mean?"*

Kage: *touches Maru's face and gives him a little smile* My spirit has been with you from the moment my Super AI stopped functioning. I've watched over you and been with you every moment. I'm so proud of you, Shadowmaru.

Date: 2014-12-03 07:17 am (UTC)
dragondancer5150: (Default)
From: [personal profile] dragondancer5150
Maru: …………… *proud of him . . . his brother is /proud/ of him! . . . with a huff, he buries back into Kage's shoulder, keening vocalizations like sobs*

Date: 2014-12-03 02:25 pm (UTC)
dragondancer5150: (Default)
From: [personal profile] dragondancer5150
Maru: *just clings and buries tighter - he's felt so lost without Kage*

Profile

socrowdedinhere

March 2022

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
1314151617 1819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 4th, 2026 08:28 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios